Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear Diary,

Last Monday I went to 3 houses.  Of the 3 one of them looked promising.  It was in good shape and move in ready.  It was about 60 miles from home - and traffic was horrible at one point.  The next issue was the zoning.  I spoke to the city and found out that I would have to apply for permission from the city council to be able to use the property for The Scrap Inn.  There was also a fee and the neighbors would all be polled... So, I felt like all these things together were a NO.

On Saturday, I went to three houses.  The first of which was a Great Location, Great Lot, Great price... That's where the Greats ended.  The house was in terrible shape - the owners had attempted to remodel - Should I say, some people should not be allowed to pick up a hammer!  The work was very shoddy, not complete, and obviously to cover up the fact that the house had shifted and the ceiling and walls had about a 1/2 inch gap between them.  They had also put in ceramic tile - which was like walking on ice.  Needless to say, we left without even looking at the rest of the house.

House # 2 was an adventure.  We ended up going the wrong place - per the realtor's GPS.  When we did find the place - on Lost Pines - it was something that should have stayed lost... It was very run down, and was literally in the woods - you actually had to walk a path to the house - dodging tree limbs and brush.  There was no parking and the house was Awful.  I decided just by looking in the window, that it was not worth going in.

House # 3 was in a very unatractive neighborhood.  The parking would have been an issue, there was a ditch almost completely around the property. Turns out no one was home, and the Realtor had not provided a key.   By the time my realtor got ahold of the listing agent - the very unfriendly looking dogs were barking in the window - so, there was no way I was going in there.

Once again, it wasn't a total loss.  I now have 2 more areas on my NO WAY list.  And so, the search continues.

Later,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment